Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club
Climbing Frames UK Proudly Sponsors Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club
The Bury St. Edmunds R.U.F.C is a well-established part of the Suffolk community. Taking to the pitch for the first time in 1925, many Suffolk inhabitants can’t remember a time before the club existed. Moving from Culford school to the Haberden in Bury St. Edmunds during 1963, the club continued to go from strength to strength. However, in 1974 tragedy struck and 17 members of the team were killed when their plane crashed on the way home from a club trip to Paris.
Understandably it took the team and the town time to get over the loss. However, with continual fundraising and support the club has worked on growing and improving their facilities, and in 2006 the club added a state of the art all weather pitch, one of just four in the whole country.
One of the primary reasons we chose to sponsor Bury St. Edmunds R.U.F.C is the great work they do with the Mini and Youth teams. We are huge advocates of encouraging children to engage in outdoor play and exercise and there are is a fantastic group of people who work extremely hard to give all teams first class coaching.